El actual Zoológico del Parque Medina se originó en un predio de 14 hectáreas adquirido por el municipio y que era propiedad de don Salustiano Medina. Tiempo después una comisión integrada por los señores David Urbín, Indalecio Pereira y Esteban Chaparro. obtienen el permiso para iniciar los trabajos en el Parque Medina comenzando en el área zoológica con una pajarera. Finalmente el zoológico fue inaugurado el 23 de setiembre de 1970.
The current Medina Park Zoo originated in a 14-hectare site acquired by the municipality and owned by Don Salustiano Medina. Later on a commission made up of Messrs. David Urbín, Indalecio Pereira and Esteban Chaparro. Obtain permission to start work in the Medina Park starting in the zoological area with an aviary. Finally the zoo was inaugurated on September 23, 1970.
Location: Está ubicado camino al Cerro Eguzquiza a 300 metros de la vieja ruta 9 en el departamento de Maldonado, Uruguay
It is located on the way to Cerro Eguzquiza, 300 meters from the old route 9 in the department of Maldonado, Uruguay
Rail Europe is the one-stop shop for train travel
Rail Europe is the #1 distributor of train tickets and rail passes in the world, selling through appointed General Sales Agents and directly on the web through local websites (local currency, local language and local service). Rail Europe is a joint venture between the French National Railways (SNCF) and the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB).
Rail Europe operates through 2 entities which serve different markets. For the distribution of European train tickets and rail passes in Asia, Australia, South America, Africa and the Middle East region, Rail Europe 4A handles all operations. For the distribution of European train tickets and rail passes in North America, Rail Europe Inc. handles all operations. Rail Europe 4A is based in Paris, the capital of France. The company also has local offices in Japan, South Korea, India, South America and Australia. In 2013, Rail Europe 4A transported more than 3 million travellers, achieving a turnover of over 215 million Euros.
Lingualeo is an interactive online service for studying and practicing English in an entertaining game format. In 6 years, Lingualeo managed to become the most popular online service for learning English in the CIS and has entered the Brazilian and Turkish markets as well. The service currently has over 13 million registered users. Lingualeo users learn English on the website, as well as via mobile application (iPhone, Android and Windows Phone) and plugins for popular browsers. Users master interesting topics and complete quests in order to score extra points, increase their knowledge base and monitor their progress in real time. Lingualeo is popular in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Turkey and Brazil.
Web service features:
- A collection of audio and video materials created by native speakers for different tastes and preferences (films, dialogues, texts, clips, etc.)
- Interactive grammar and video courses
- Personal dictionary with personal associations, transcriptions and voiceovers for every word
- Effective trainings: word translation, word constructor, crossword puzzles, listening exercises, vocabulary cards
- Learning English with other users: activity monitoring, news feed, pride leader and more
- User-friendly interface and tips allow users to navigate the features of the service with ease and start learning
- Users have access to free versions of the mobile apps, which makes learning English more convenient and effective
- Browser plugins allow users to listen to, translate and add English words and phrases to their personal dictionaries.